Monday, November 8, 2010

Stipulations of the Prey

Stipulations of the Prey


“I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning.”- Andy Warhol


“Sex is more exciting on the screen and between the pages than between the sheets.”- Andy Warhol

Posture set: this bent arch of my foot set; this
stretched bone below the lucky sinew, set; this
dulled artificial red on my lip, set-

everything in me settled, prepared for the length
of tonight, the calculation concluded and checked.

Because you will be ready
to spring to me, the energy
put aside for the effort, doled
out in exacting amounts,
to assure me, and you.

The intention of your gentle wispy fingers
evident as they caress across my pure white
wrist, the stone cold and thin pulse buried
so as not to tempt you.

My perfection to your taste,
distant even in this intimate
stroke, this indiscernible
blush- the betrayal found out
in the flood of forbidden fruits
ripened;

so you fall to, with my implicit approval
in the unfolding silence-

no cry necessary for your satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment